The wheels on the bus…….
Please see the important information below about busing for 2021-2022!
You must submit a Transportation request online if any of the following applies to your student:
- No longer needs busing for 2021-2022
- Will need busing but has changes in pick up and/or drop off locations
- Will need busing but is changing school buildings in 2021-2022
You do not need to submit a request if there are no changes to busing needs as listed above.
Busing requests for the 2021-2022 school year must be submitted by June 25, 2021. All submissions received after this date will receive the closest bus stop available.
Please visit https://forms.gle/pqNMrMSHckgZ48j79 to submit a Transportation request.
Bus routes change every year. We advise all parents/guardians to review busing information prior to the 1st day of school.
2021-2022 busing information will be available to view the after August 16th, 2021 on our online bus tracking system EDULOG*. To find out more information on how to register – please visit www.jpsonline.org/our-district/departments/transportation/gps-tracking/.
*For families who are not able to use the internet to submit a request or view their student’s busing information – please feel free to call our office at 616-457-3740 and someone will be able to assist you.
REMINDER: High school doors are accessible with student key cards beginning at 7:30 am. Due to COVID restrictions we ask that students not arrive before that time. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact the main office. Those students with a zero hour have access beginning at 6:45 am.
Calling IN a Student
- If your student is ill, or coming in late,
- BEFORE 8am, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the spelling of the last name
- Reason for your student’s absence including symptoms
- Your relation to the student
- If your student arrives at school late, they will need to sign in at the main office.
- If your student has an appointment during the school day, please remember to provide the school with a medical excuse to medically clear the absence.
Calling OUT a Student
- If your student needs to leave school during the day,
- AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR to the time you need your student released, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance.
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer, please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the the spelling of the last name
- Time your student needs to be released
- The reason the student is leaving & whether or not they’re returning to school that day
- Before leaving school, your student will need to sign out in the main office.
- All calls to dismiss your student for an appointment need to be in BEFORE 12pm.
Pre-Arranged Absences 3 or More Days
- Blue pre-arranged permission forms can be picked up from Mrs. Schaaf in the main office.
- These forms are for planned absences of 3 or more days due to surgery, vacation, out of town travel, etc.
- Completed forms need to be returned to the main office 5 school days PRIOR to pre-arranged absence start date.
If you change your email address or phone number, please contact Beth at email@example.com or extension 3358. We want to be sure to have the most current information possible. If you have an address change, contact Lorri Gierman at firstname.lastname@example.org