- October 14 AP Test Registration begins
- October 16 Juniors take the PSAT/NMSQT
- October 23 AP Test Registration closes
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
October 9 and October 17
Pick a Time Opens at 8:00 am October 1
REMINDERS from the ATTENDANCE Office
Calling IN a Student
If your student is ill, or coming in late,
- BEFORE 8am, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the spelling of the last name
- Reason for your student’s absence
- Your relation to the student
- If your student arrives at school late, they will need to sign in at the main office.
- If your student has an appointment during the school day, please remember to provide the school with a medical excuse to medically clear the absence.
Calling OUT a Student
- If your student needs to leave school during the day,
- AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR to the time you need your student released, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance.
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer, please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the the spelling of the last name
- Time your student needs to be released
- The reason the student is leaving & whether or not they’re returning to school that day
- Before leaving school, your student will need to sign out in the main office.
Pre-Arranged Absences 3 or More Days
- Blue pre-arranged permission forms can be picked up from Mrs. Schaaf in the main office.
- These forms are for planned absences of 3 or more days due to surgery, vacation, out of town travel, etc.
- Completed forms need to be returned to the main office 5 school days PRIOR to pre-arranged absence start date.
The high school building closes every day at 3:15 p.m. If your student does not have a specific “after school” activity, please be sure they catch the bus or that they are picked up no later than 3:15 p.m. After 3:15 p.m., students will no longer have access to the office area or academic wings, they may be picked up at the atrium of the cafeteria.
The Scholastic Book fair returns to the JHS library again this fall. It will start October 9 with evening conferences and run through October 17 conferences. It will also be open during the school day. If you are a parent interested in volunteering, please contact Mr.Blank firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Wilson email@example.com.
A note from the English Department:
As the year begins, we are asking parents to take an active role as their children make their reading selections from our classrooms and school libraries. We know that not all of the selections will be a good fit for all students. Students need to select books that are consistent with their interests, values and reading levels. While we have many book titles at school for the students to choose, Georgetown Township Library is also a great resource.
We encourage you to be aware of your teen’s choices and initiate discussion with him or her as book selections are made throughout the year. In addition to providing reading time during class, we encourage students to read every night, so you should see your son or daughter with a book at home most nights and weekends. If you are concerned with a book your student has chosen for independent reading or book clubs, he or she is always welcome to choose a different title.
Finally, if you have any books your family has finished reading, we will gladly add them to our shelves! Please send donated books to school with your student.
We look forward to working together in this important endeavor of developing a lifelong love of reading and writing.
Open Swim takes place at Jenison High School Aquatics Center on Wednesdays from 7 to 9 p.m. and on Sundays from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is only $2 for Jenison students! Please check www.jenisonaquatics.org for schedule updates or cancellations.