Fire up the buses, strike up the band…it’s almost go time! We are going to be launching another school year in just 13 days! The beginning of a school year is always an exciting time as we contemplate all of the learning opportunities and memories that will be made over the next 9 months. Personally, I can’t wait to experience our building come alive again as we welcome back our students and staff to one of the best schools in the state of Michigan!
I hope summer vacation has given you time to renew your spirit learn new things rest, play and connect with family/friends. I’m anxious to meet with our student body, parents and teachers over the next few weeks.
Our first “official” chance to connect with students will be at our orientation days starting the week of August 12th. Please review the following dates to learn about when your student should attend.
STUDENT ORIENTATION DAYS:
SENIORS Monday, August 12
JUNIORS Tuesday, August 13
SOPHOMORES Wednesday, August 14
FRESHMEN Thursday, August 15
These sessions help us set the stage for the year as well as get important information in the hands of our students prior to school starting. Please note that our photographers will be in the cafeteria on your scheduled date starting at 10:00. You are welcome to stop in early and get your ID photos taken before our group session starts at 11:00 am.
Looking forward to a great start of the 2019-2020 school year!
Brandon W. Graham
JHS Open House August 27, 2019
Individual Grade Level Meetings 6:30pm -6:55 pm
Freshmen Parent Meeting – High School Auditorium
Sophomores and Juniors College Prep Timeline – Media Center
Seniors College Prep Timeline – Triple Conference Room (Media Center)
Classroom Visit Schedule 7:00pm-7:55pm
Use the link below to fill out your individual students schedule for classroom visits.
REMINDERS from the ATTENDANCE Office
Calling IN a Student
If your student is ill, or coming in late,
- BEFORE 8am, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the spelling of the last name
- Reason for your student’s absence
- Your relation to the student
- If your student arrives at school late, they will need to sign in at the main office.
- If your student has an appointment during the school day, please remember to provide the school with a medical excuse to medically clear the absence.
Calling OUT a Student
- If your student needs to leave school during the day,
- AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR to the time you need your student released, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance.
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer, please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the the spelling of the last name
- Time your student needs to be released
- The reason the student is leaving & whether or not they’re returning to school that day
- Before leaving school, your student will need to sign out in the main office.
Pre-Arranged Absences 3 or More Days
- Blue pre-arranged permission forms can be picked up from Mrs. Schaaf in the main office.
- These forms are for planned absences of 3 or more days due to surgery, vacation, out of town travel, etc.
- Completed forms need to be returned to the main office 5 school days PRIOR to pre-arranged absence start date.