February Seniors of the Month
Congratulations to Max Zuber, Erica Buhk, Ashley Hillson,
Lauren Kunnen and Jake Yetzke
Juniors will be receiving fall NMSQT scores in the next week. Scores are also published on their College Board account. Juniors will also get information about SAT practice sessions at the high school during the evening as well as how to earn “points” for deriving privileges by practicing for SAT.
On Tuesday, April 9, we will be involved in our spring testing. Juniors will complete the SAT test, sophomores will take part in the PSAT 10 test and freshmen will be doing the PSAT 9 test.
Students can begin to prepare for this testing by using Khan Academy to practice both testing content and testing strategies. Research shows that students who spent at least 20 hours utilizing Khan Academy for study sessions increased SAT scores by an average of 115 points. Encourage your son/daughter to access www.khanacademy.org to begin practice sessions today.
Spring Parent Teacher Conferences
PT Conference Conflicts Spring 2019 Food Resources
***Students whose parents attend our Spring Conferences, will have their name put in a drawing for a free book from the Scholastic Book Fair! The day after conferences five names will be drawn from the list of attending parents.
REMINDERS from the ATTENDANCE Office
Calling IN a Student
- If your student is ill, or coming in late,
- BEFORE 8am, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the spelling of the last name
- Reason for your student’s absence
- Your relation to the student
- If your student arrives at school late, they will need to sign in at the main office.
- If your student has an appointment during the school day, please remember to provide the school with a medical excuse to medically clear the absence.
Calling OUT a Student
- If your student needs to leave school during the day,
- AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR to the time you need your student released, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance.
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer, please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the the spelling of the last name
- Time your student needs to be released
- The reason the student is leaving & whether or not they’re returning to school that day
- Before leaving school, your student will need to sign out in the main office.
Pre-Arranged Absences 3 or More Days
- Blue pre-arranged permission forms can be picked up from Mrs. Schaaf in the main office.
- These forms are for planned absences of 3 or more days due to surgery, vacation, out of town travel, etc.
- Completed forms need to be returned to the main office 5 school days PRIOR to pre-arranged absence start date.