October Seniors of the Month
Congratulations to our October Seniors of the Month!
Elizabeth Tower , Brandon Zink and Emma Byerwalter (back l-r) Megan TerHaar and Zach Avery (front l-r)
Fall Parent Teacher Conferences
Our parent teacher conferences will be held on November 1 from 3:30-8:00. Details can be found below.
On September 18, your son or daughter was given their PSAT 8/9 or PSAT 10 or SAT scores from Spring 2018 testing. I would encourage you to review the information provided in the packet. The detailed report includes a predictor for SAT scores, next steps for students and a question analysis and access code for students to review questions they need to improve before the next testing cycle.
Students should be regularly logging into Kahn Academy to obtain free SAT practice that is specific to their test results. Last year, each student was given the opportunity to link their PSAT and Kahn academy accounts to best utilize this resource. Log into www.kahnacademy.org for more information.
Seniors who would like to re-take the SAT may log in to www.collegeboard.org register for testing.
REMINDERS from the ATTENDANCE Office
Calling IN a Student
- If your student is ill, or coming in late,
- BEFORE 8am, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the spelling of the last name
- Reason for your student’s absence
- Your relation to the student
- If your student arrives at school late, they will need to sign in at the main office.
- If your student has an appointment during the school day, please remember to provide the school with a medical excuse to medically clear the absence.
Calling OUT a Student
- If your student needs to leave school during the day,
- AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR to the time you need your student released, call 457.3400, press 1 for attendance.
- If Mrs. Schaaf doesn’t answer, please leave a message with
- Student’s name – with the the spelling of the last name
- Time your student needs to be released
- The reason the student is leaving & whether or not they’re returning to school that day
- Before leaving school, your student will need to sign out in the main office.
Pre-Arranged Absences 3 or More Days
- Blue pre-arranged permission forms can be picked up from Mrs. Schaaf in the main office.
- These forms are for planned absences of 3 or more days due to surgery, vacation, out of town travel, etc.
- Completed forms need to be returned to the main office 5 school days PRIOR to pre-arranged absence start date.