Congratulations DECA! Great job at Regionals!
Social Media Presentation for Parents
Jenison Public Schools is excited to offer an opportunity for you to learn about current trends in social media and the impact on your child. There will be a presentation for parents on February 7th at 6:00 pm in the Jenison Junior High Media Center. Stephanie Tuttle, a local licensed attorney in West Michigan, will present on the potential dangers of inappropriate use of social media by your children, give practical tips on how to protect your family, and offer guidelines for safe social media use. Come with questions! We hope to see you there.
The Journalism students have been hard at work this semester writing articles for our school paper. Check out their stories at www.thewildcatroar.org .
The high school building closes every day at 4:00 p.m. If your student does not have a specific “after school” activity, please be sure they catch the bus or that they are picked up no later than 4:00 p.m. After 4:00 p.m., students will no longer have access to the office area or academic wings, they may be picked up at the atrium of the cafeteria.
Important message from the office of the District Registrar:
If you have not already done so, please complete the online Returning Student Confirmation form as soon as possible. It is imperative that you do this so that we have updated phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contacts, and directory information permissions for your student(s).
A new email containing the link you need has been sent so it is easier to locate among your other emails. The email will be coming from PowerSchool Registration Support. The subject line reads: Jenison Public School District Returning Student Confirmation
Reminders from the High School Office:
- “With the the cold season and inclement weather approaching, we would like to remind parents to PLEASE call in your student’s absence or tardiness first thing in the morning.
- When you know of an appointment for your student, PLEASE call the office in the morning to allow a pass to be given to your student during the day without interrupting classes.
- It is helpful to have all attendance information logged before the attendance secretary leaves at 2pm each day. Our main office opens at 7:30am, but phone messages may be left 24 hours a day.”
- If your student needs to take medication during the school day, an Authorization for Medication form must be on file in the office.
- As per the student handbook (page 10), students are not allowed to wear hats, hoodies, etc. during the school day.