Thanksgiving Break begins at 11:05 am Wednesday, November 22.
School resumes Monday, November 27.
Congratulations to our November Seniors of the Month
Audrey Geysbeek, Ashley Hoek, Laura Scott and Isabelle Hoekstra
Reminder to Parents:
The high school building closes every day at 4:00 p.m. If your student does not have a specific “after school” activity, please be sure they catch the bus or that they are picked up no later than 4:00 p.m.
Important message from the office of the District Registrar:
If you have not already done so, please complete the online Returning Student Confirmation form as soon as possible. It is imperative that you do this so that we have updated phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contacts, and directory information permissions for your student(s).
A new email containing the link you need has been sent so it is easier to locate among your other emails. The email will be coming from PowerSchool Registration Support. The subject line reads: Jenison Public School District Returning Student Confirmation
Reminder from the High School Office:
“With the the cold season and inclement weather approaching, we would like to remind parents to PLEASE call in your student’s absence or tardiness first thing in the morning.
It is helpful to have all attendance information logged before the attendance secretary leaves at 2pm each day. Our main office opens at 7:30am, but phone messages may be left 24 hours a day.”
There are four parts to the Decisions Opt-Out process:
If you plan to attempt the Decisions Opt-Out Test to waive Decisions for semester 2, click this Link for sign-up and details. Contact your counselor if you have any questions.
If you plan to attempt a Semester 2 subject area Opt-Out Test, you must make an appointment with your counselor to discuss the details before signing up.
Class Ring Delivery
Jostens will be here December 18 during all three lunches to deliver class rings.
Tech Center Holiday Break Reminder
AM and PM Bus Transportation will be provided from the high school at normal scheduled times and locations.
Each day that students do not attend Tech Center on January 3, 4, 5 will count as an absence at Tech Center.
Class of 2018 News
Senior Exam Waiver
Senior students have the opportunity to waive their second semester final exams provided that they meet the academic, attendance and behavior requirements.
- Grade Requirement = B Semester (3.0) in the class. All work completed. Senior student must have a B semester average (3.0) in a class to be eligible. All course related work for the semester must have been completed (tests, quizzes, assignments, homework, projects, presentations, etc)
- Attendance Requirement = No more than 2 Absences, 2 Tardies. A senior may not miss more than two (2) days in a class during the semester. This includes excused, unexcused absences and pre-arranged absences. School related absences do not count toward the 2 absence requirement. A student may not have acquired more than 2 tardies in a class during the semester.
- Behavior Requirement = No detentions, suspensions or Saturday Schools. A senior must exhibit exemplary behavior in class and in school in order to be eligible. Exemplary behavior means the senior has not been issued a detention, Saturday School or suspension (ie. skipping insubordination, missed Saturday School).
- Teacher Option= Teachers have the option of giving their seniors a second semester exam. If a teacher decides to give all seniors a 2nd semester exam it must be communicated to students with the teachers course requirements at the beginning of the semester.
- Student Option= Seniors may choose to take exams in an effort to improve their grade.