Congratulations to our October Seniors of the Month
Allison Hoek, Fiona Johnson, Sydney Raab, Hope Schaaf and Ashley Postema.
Important Message from the office of the Registrar:
If you have not already done so, please complete the online Returning Student Confirmation form as soon as possible so we have up-to-date information in PowerSchool.
Parent Teacher Conferences Fall 2017
This fall we are again offering a way to schedule your son or daughter’s Parent-Teacher Conferences by using the company, Pick A Time. This will allow you to select the times and dates in which you connect with your child’s teacher. This process will eliminate time standing in lines and increase efficiency.
The following is our parent-teacher conference schedule:
Wednesday, October 25 3:30-8:00 pm
Thursday, November 2 3:30-8:00 pm
All conferences will last 5 minutes each. As you attend conferences, please follow this specified time frame. Additionally, there may be some teachers who are not available to conference on certain nights. These teachers are serving the district in other capacities and will be available via phone or email to connect with parents.
Please see the attached direction sheet for step-by-step details on how to schedule these appointments. On-line scheduling will be available from 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, October 17 through 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 24 AND from 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, October 25 through 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 1. It is highly recommended that on-line scheduling takes place well in advance of the scheduled conference date.
Maps of the building and Learning Center will be available when you arrive at conferences.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call Kris Banta at 667-3355 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Pick A Time Instructions
Online Parent-Student-Teacher Conference Scheduling Directions for Parents
The following information will assist you with scheduling conference time slots for your Jenison Senior High School Parent-Teacher Conferences. Access to the scheduling site is obtained by visiting this website: https://pickatime.com/client?ven=11604781 or by visiting the JPS webpage at jpsonline.org and selecting the Senior High. On the left side of the screen, choose the Pick A Time link.
Fall Conferences at the Senior High are on Wednesday, October 25 and Thursday, November 2. It is highly recommended that on-line scheduling takes place well in advance of the scheduled conference date.
On-line scheduling will be available as follows:
8 a.m. Tuesday, October 17 through 3 p.m. Tuesday, October 24.
8 a.m. Wednesday, October 25 through 3 p.m. Wednesday, November 1
Enter your email address and push “Login/Create Account”.
1. Fill in the required fields and register.
2. For each child, enter their student ID number and birthdate using the format 1/11/11
Do not add a zero in front of the month/day and only use the last two digits for year of birth.
Sign In: Once you have created your account, you will only need to enter your email and password. If you forgot your password, you can request it by logging onto the pick-A-time website.
1. Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color, and the times increase as you go down the page. (Note: you will not see all of the teachers at your school, just the set of teachers with which your child has classes.) Click on a square to book that time. 2. You will optionally have the choice of setting a time when you would like a reminder email delivered. 3. Click “Create Appointment“. Repeat until you have a time with each teacher you’d like to visit with.
• At any time you can click on “printable schedule” and print the resulting web page to get a hard copy of your schedule. You will also have the option to email your schedule to yourself.
• If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with the email address and password you used to create your account.
• Click on “Your Schedule” to display and hide your appointments. There will be links to change the time or cancel the appointment.
If you have questions regarding scheduling conferences, please contact Kris Banta at 616-667-3355 between the hours of 8 AM – 3 PM.
Class of 2018 News
Senior Exam Waiver
Senior students have the opportunity to waive their second semester final exams provided that they meet the academic, attendance and behavior requirements.
- Grade Requirement = B Semester (3.0) in the class. All work completed. Senior student must have a B semester average (3.0) in a class to be eligible. All course related work for the semester must have been completed (tests, quizzes, assignments, homework, projects, presentations, etc)
- Attendance Requirement = No more than 2 Absences, 2 Tardies. A senior may not miss more than two (2) days in a class during the semester. This includes excused, unexcused absences and pre-arranged absences. School related absences do not count toward the 2 absence requirement. A student may not have acquired more than 2 tardies in a class during the semester.
- Behavior Requirement = No detentions, suspensions or Saturday Schools. A senior must exhibit exemplary behavior in class and in school in order to be eligible. Exemplary behavior means the senior has not been issued a detention, Saturday School or suspension (ie. skipping insubordination, missed Saturday School).
- Teacher Option= Teachers have the option of giving their seniors a second semester exam. If a teacher decides to give all seniors a 2nd semester exam it must be communicated to students with the teachers course requirements at the beginning of the semester.
- Student Option= Seniors may choose to take exams in an effort to improve their grade.